About Cary Cates
A born and raised Texan, I’ve spent the majority of the last 15 years in Denton, TX.
- Graduated from the University of North Texas (UNT) with a BBA in Financial Services.
- Earned an MBA in Strategic Management from UNT.
- Adjunct professor for the FIREL (Finance, Insurance, Real Estate, & Law) department at UNT College of Business.
- Graduate of Leadership Denton.
- CERTIFIED FINANACIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- IRS Enrolled Agent
- Member of NAPFA
But enough about me, what I’m really proud of is my family! I’ve been married for 13 years to my beautiful wife, Maritza. Maritza, a Registered Nurse, is the Director of Clinical Research at Medical City Denton. We both receive great joy out of helping people – me with their finances and her by implementing processes to improve patient health.
The Cates Girls
The apple of my eye are my two girls, Kimber and Grace. I love them dearly. If you ever want to get me talking, the easiest way is to ask about them!